Enforceable trademark rights are conferred on a trademark once it...Read More
Partner of Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP. Founded the original firm in 1983. Experienced in all areas of intellectual property protection, transfer and enforcement, including preparation of patent applications and prosecuting same, patent appeals and interferences; performed over 300 patent searches at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; filing of U.S. patent applications internationally, strategic intellectual property planning; technology transfer, negotiations and licensing; filing and prosecuting U.S. and international trademark applications; litigation of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and copyrights in all courts; teaching seminars and guest lecturer on intellectual property matters for corporations and educational institutions; evaluating and consulting with clients regarding the scope, enforcement and protection of intellectual property rights.
Schaefer Fan Co., Inc. and Ronald E. Schaefer v. Universal Fog, Inc. U.S.D.C. Minn., 4th Division
[Alleged Patent Infringement decided for Defendant on Summary Judgment.]
Rowpar Pharmaceuticals, et al. V. Neways, Inc., et al. U.S.D.C. Arizona
[Alleged patent infringement. Consent Judgment Filed.]
National Corrective Training Institute, Inc., dba National Curriculum and Training Institute v. George Nelson, Clime Int’l, Inc; and Mitchell Voron, dba Positive Solutions Associates (aka P.S.I.) (aka P.S.A.), U.S.D.C. Utah, Central Division
[Alleged trade dress and copyright infringement decided for Defendant.]
New York Racing Ass’n v. Perlmutter Publishing U.S.D.C., N.D.N.Y
[Alleged trade dress and copyright infringement decided for defendant based on first amendment rights.]
Adjunct Professor of Law—Phoenix School of Law
Course: Patent Law & Drafting
- Contributing Editor Attorney At Law Magazine
- Former President of the Eastern New York Patent Law Association (ENYIPLA).
- Former President of the Board of Directors, Saratoga ARC, an association for the developmentally disabled.
- Former Director of New York Hemophilia Foundation.
- Critical Mass Coast to Coast December 6, 2012 – Albert Schmeiser, Managing Partner of Schmieser, Olsen & Watts LLP interviewd by host Richard Franzi. Albert shares insights into the changing workforce demographics and how intellectual property protection can benefit entrepreneurs and business owners.